Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
When you access or use the Site, we automatically collect certain information, including:
• Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access the Site, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on the Site, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to the Site.
• Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve the Site and your experience, see which areas and features of the Site are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on the Site and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Your Choices section below.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address or infer that you are looking to purchase certain products based on your browsing behavior.
Use of information
We use the information we collect to deliver the products and services you request and customize your experience with us. We also use the information we collect to:
• Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
• Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Promoted and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the Your Choices
section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
• Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the Advertising and Analytics
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Site;
• Comply with our legal and financial obligations and protect the rights of Promoted and others;
• Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of information
We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
• We share personal information with vendors, service providers, and consultants that need access to personal information in order to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising.
• We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
• We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Promoted, our users, the public, or others.
• We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
• We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Advertising and analytics
Transfer of Information to The United States and Other Countries
Promoted is headquartered in the United States, and we have operations and service providers in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. By providing your information to us, you consent to our processing of your information in the United States and other countries. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of the Site.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Promoted by following the instructions in those communications or emailing email@example.com
. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.